Lake Hanska Lutheran Church 17923 115th Street Hanska, MN 56041
Visiting Lake Hanska
Lake Hanska Lutheran Church is about three miles southwest of Hanska, at the corner of 180th Ave and 115th St. Parking is perpendicular to 115 St in front of the church and in the field to the west. (There are signs directing you from the highway.) There is an accessible family restroom on the ground floor (entry level) with additional restrooms in the basement. A working chair lift goes up one flight of stairs to the sanctuary and the stairs to the basement have hand-rails on both sides.
About Lake Hanska Lutheran Church
The first organized services for Lake Hanska Lutheran Congregation were held in 1869 in the homes of Norwegian immigrants. The first church building was completed in 1881 (each memory was to donate either a 2.5-year-old-steer or wheat harvest from 1.5 acres). Services were conducted in Norwegian until 1921, when the first English-language worship was introduced.
Lake Hanska Lutheran Church has partnered with other congregations since 1870, when a pastor from the Norwegian Synod was called jointly by Lake Hanska, Linden, and Butternut Valley churches. Of particular note is the partnership with LaSalle Lutheran Church which began in 1952 and continued until the closing of LaSalle in 2018.