Zion Lutheran Church 211 Summit Ave Hanska, MN 56041
Zion Lutheran Church is located in the northwestern part of Hanska, on Summit Ave between 4th St. and 2nd St. Parallel parking is available on Summit Ave, with a few spaces along the alley behind the church and accessible spaces on the north side between the church and the parsonage, across from the entrance to the lift. Restrooms are in the basement. From the main entrance there is a flight of stairs up to the sanctuary or down to the basement, but the north entrance to the lift brings you directly to the sanctuary or basement.
About Zion Lutheran Church
The first Ladies Aid group for Zion Lutheran Church was organized in 1901. The first worship service in the newly-built church building was held on Christmas Day, 1905. All worship services were in Norwegian until the first English services were offered (twice a year!) in 1917.
Zion Lutheran Church has a history of partnering with other congregations in the area, including a four-point parish beginning in 1920 and a two-point partnership with Linden Lutheran Church beginning in 1952, a relationship that continued until Linden closed. Zion is currently a part of Prairie Land Lutheran Parish with Lake Hanska Lutheran Church.